Monday, February 4, 2013

"WHEEL" you be my Valentines? tutorial DIY



HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!

  
I bought a 5 pack of Hot Wheels at Walmart for $4.95 +tax and had everything else on hand. 

Items needed:

-toy cars
-"filler" candy (optional)- I used M&Ms and Hershey Kisses
-stapler
-cardstock
-glue/ adhesive
-paper cutter --> scissors & ruler if you don't have one
-markers
-clear cookie/candy mold bags (I used 6inch x 3.75inch bags)



PREP your supplies 

1) Make your labels. If your computer savy and can print labels I would go for it. As for me,  I am computer illiterate so I had to hand make/write all of mines out.  You'll need at least 2 different card stock (one for the "base" and one to write the actual written tag on) Additional cardstock can be used for layering and decorating. 


**BASE**
The base piece of paper will be folded and is used to cover/conseal the opening of your cellophane bag. Cut base paper into a 4 inch x 3.75 inch rectangles and fold in half so that it will be 2 inch x 3.75 inch.

--If you used a different size bag, you'll need to cut one side the same size as the width of the cellophane bag. In my case I cut mines to 3.75 inches. The other side of  your base will depend on how big you want your tag to be- remember this will be folded in half for a front side and a back side. So if you want a tag that's 3 inch x 3.75 inch, you would cut 6 inch x 3.75 inch.

**WRITTEN TAG**
 There is no right or wrong way in doing this.  I cut 1.75 inch x 3.5 inch white card stock because I wanted to keep mines simple and layered it over some striped card stock. You can use stickers, glitter, die cuts, ribbons puffy paint, even computer graphics to personalize your tag. I just used plain ole permanent markers.

ASSEMBLING your goody bags


Fill your goody bag. Put one car, a handful of Valentine M&Ms and 2 Hershey Kisses. If you don't want to give chocolates you can always leave just the toy car and proceed to the next step. Other options: shredded colored paper, gummy snacks, lollipops, raisins.. etc etc-- any small item would do, I would try not to do anything too big as you want the focal point to be the toy car. 

 

Fold the cellophane bag down to close and put the base over bag.  




Staple it down to hold. You can use one staple in the middle or one on each side. Try not to do it too low or to high, we'll hide the staple with the "written tag"


You'll want to "flat side" of the staple on the back of your bag, just because it looks prettier- So you might have to flip your bag around before you staple it. Look at my fancy staples!  :D 

 LASTLY: EMBELLISH!! I just glued the tag to cover the staples. HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!



Some word play that would go with your tag:

"WHEEL" you be my Valentines?
I "wheelie" like you.
I'm "wheelie" glad to know you
I'm "wheelie" glad we're friends
You make my heart RACE.

(If you can think of any others I would "wheelie" love to hear them!!-I had to!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment